I apologize for the recent absence of “Heartlink” blog posts. April and May delivered some health events that impeded any thought or form of creative writing. There were 3 separate issues and it seemed as though another followed when one had ended. Although my joy for spring and the beauty of it was somewhat difficult to appreciate to the max, the wonder of newness bursting forth was still a great delight! Some days were rough, but, I am happy to say that all is well and I praise the Lord for His faithfulness.
Sometimes we just do not understand what is happening; how to fix it or how to make something go away. Sometimes there isn’t anything “we” can do. Quite often we just need to prayerfully wait it out and follow doctors’ orders. That’s what I was doing making several visits to our PCP and others. Almost daily I was “hearing” in my mind the words of a 1971 song that I have not sung in many years. It is definitely on my favorites list. It is called: “Through It All” by Andrae Crouch.* The third verse has always been special to me:
I thank God for the mountains,
And I thank Him for the valleys,
I thank Him for the storms He brought me through.
For if I’d never had a problem,
I wouldn’t know God could solve them,
I’d never know what faith in God could do.
Through it all, through it all,
I’ve learned to trust in Jesus,
I’ve learned to trust in God;
Through it all, through it all,
I’ve learned to depend upon His Word.
Life is fragile and life is unfair. There are many who are suffering greatly and answers are hard to find. Or the answers we are given are not the ones we want to hear. But, The One Who is mighty, just and fair is our Strong Tower. He is with us every breath, every step, every heartbeat. He knows our yesterdays, our todays and our eternal tomorrows. 1 Peter 1:3-9 tells us the following:
(3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
(4) to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you,
(5) who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
(6) In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials,
(7) so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
(8) and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory,
(9) obtaining as the outcome of your faith the salvation of your souls. (NASB)
Believers in Christ Jesus know the hope of Glory. This hope is the ultimate peace to bring us through it all.
*TEXT and MUSIC: Andrae Crouch ©Copyright 1971 by MANNA MUSIC, INC., 2111 Kenmore Ave., Burbank, CA 91504. International Copyright Secured. All Rights Reserved.
©Judah’s Call International, Inc.
Your tax-deductible donation encourages many who have been greatly discouraged! Your financial gifts and support are used to maintain this ministry.
For your convenience, you may donate online here: