I wrote “I’ve Learned” in February 2004. I had been pondering certain life experiences and issues off and on for about a week or more. I finally made the time to sit down and examine these experiences and issues. After much contemplation, I asked myself what I had learned thus far – at that point in my life. I started to click away at the keyboard and was surprised at how quickly my thoughts were spilling out on the screen before me. It was energizing and exciting to say the least.
Every few years I pull “I’ve Learned” out of the archives and back up on my PC screen to take another look at the 35 items I listed that day. Over the next several blog posts I would like to share some of these with a little bit of detail and perhaps a little bit of insight about God’s grace, His love and His mercy. Our God is an Awesome God! Blessings to you!
- I’ve learned that God’s timing is always right. The vision He shows me today may not take place tomorrow, next week, next month or next year. But, He sees the end from the beginning. He alone knows when to birth the vision. I need only to nurture the vision and prepare. That will keep me busy until He moves.
- I’ve learned that God is not my janitor. He will not sweep up my messes. But, He will walk with me while I do.
- I’ve learned that His Grace really is quite amazing!
- I’ve learned that I can do nothing wrong that true repentance cannot correct.
- I’ve learned that a humble spirit and a contrite heart will touch my Father’s heart.
- I’ve learned that God is never in a hurry and that, in itself, can calm my fears.
- I’ve learned that quick decisions without prayer can create dilemmas requiring a lifetime of prayer.
- I’ve learned that He hears all prayers and then answers them His way and in His time.
- I’ve learned that what I do not understand will not cause Him loss of sleep or confusion. However, if I dwell on what I do not understand, it will bring both of these to me.
- I’ve learned that the really secret things in my mind aren’t really secret to Him.
- I’ve learned that comparison and criticism are companions that hinder compassion and commitment.
- I’ve learned that to renew a right spirit in me is a choice only I can make.
- I’ve learned that He alone is my breath, my heart beat, my next step.
- I’ve learned that Psalm 139 really was written just for me. And you. And him. And her. And them. He knew how many of us there would be.
- I’ve learned that if I stay silent in times of testing, I will be sure to hear His voice for instruction and direction in order to endure the test.
- I’ve learned that He will not make me suffer any pain He does not know.
- I’ve learned to say “I don’t know” and feel good about it at the same time.
- I’ve learned that it is better to change my course, to forget my plans, to drop my net so I might follow Him.
- I’ve learned that others will know Who He Is as they look at me.
- I’ve learned that passion unbridled will lead to sin. But, passion in purity and focused on Him will heal my soul.
- I’ve learned that I cannot exalt myself.
- I’ve learned that my Heavenly Father will never speak to me the way my dad did. I’ve learned that He will not speak to others the way I sometimes speak to them either.
- I’ve learned that He does not talk about me behind my back. But, He does intercede for me to the Father.
- I’ve learned that if I hold on to a wrong done to me, it will contaminate my soul.
- I’ve learned that it is ‘ok’ not to have a title.
- I’ve learned that if I give up what I want to do so I can do what God wants me to do, it is always an upgrade.
- I’ve learned that I could never match what Jesus paid.
- I’ve learned that God will expose those things in me that He wants to heal.
- I’ve learned that no person on earth could ever take His place.
- I’ve learned that servanthood shows. The lack of it does as well.
- I’ve learned that responsibility and accountability go hand-in-hand.
- I’ve learned that I don’t need to know it all. God already does.
- I’ve learned that my life has always belonged to the Creator.
- I’ve learned that nothing is mine. It’s all His.
- I’ve learned that it’s all about Jesus. To honor Him. To edify Him. To thank Him. To love Him. To praise Him. But….most of all …..to worship….to worship….to worship… ….to worship….to worship Him. He is the air I breathe.
©Judah’s Call International, Inc.
Your tax-deductible donation encourages many who have been greatly discouraged! Your financial gifts and support are used to maintain this ministry.
For your convenience, you may donate online here: